Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Ethridge Code

It's neither a secret code nor a smash movie this time. The Ethridge Code is a load of web code for the site. At least for the last few weeks that's what it's been. It looks like that is what it's going to continue to be for the next two weeks as well.

I had forgotten just how complicated some of our dynamic web code was. As I'm recoding and fixing errors I am also trying to make it easier to update in the future. In the coming months we want to launch a new layout. I don't want it to take me another month of coding to get it up and running.

Of course, with every pass things do get better. This new rendition makes it even easier to make small changes for the purposes of search engine optimization. We are working very hard to make sure that every game page shows up a high as it possibly can in search engine rankings. It will take a few months to get things honed in because you have to make a change and then wait a couple of weeks to see what the results were. Fortunately it doesn't take long to set the tests up and we can test several changes at once.

In other news we almost certainly won't get the forums out to the public this month. That's mainly because this month only has today and tomorrow left. I hope to be able to get them ready within the next two weeks. I tried to make time for it last week, but there was simply too much going on.

I had also hoped to work on dumping a few new NES games this week, but I doubt that is going to happen at this point. I have got to get the site recoding finished ASAP. We have a few new pages that we can't roll out until I'm finished.

As always there seems to be more work than time, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment