Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wiki Whack

Yea, I know it's a goofy title. I don't care. The point is that we got a Wiki put up for Console Classix this week. It's going to take a while for people to get the idea and start adding information, but it's probably just a matter of time. Now anyone who wants to give Console Classix a little extra push and helps us get more features out there needs only add a little info to our wiki.

“How will that work?” you ask. Once again the answer is traffic. The more data we have up the more traffic we will get. The more traffic the more users. The more user the more subscribers. The more subscribers the more staff. The more staff the more features. It's Console Classix very own trickle down effect.

We also set up a forums for the moderators this week. We are probably going to open it up to the public before the end of the month. It will obviously allow classic game discussion, but we can use it for other things as well. I think it will be a good idea to keep a “Bugs” board with a list of known issues, what we are doing about them and what the temporary fixes are. We also want to have a “Features” section where we keep a running list of what we intend to do in the future. It might help us find willing recruits to do things like add CC support to emulators that run on Linux and Mac and maybe even cell phones.

I have to admit that when we were in the hospital last week I wished I could play CC on my cell phone. You may be wondering how a man could find time to play a game when his wife is having a baby. Well, it was our sixth one and we ended up spending the night in the hospital. Anyway, not my point, the point is that I wanted to play on my cell phone and couldn't.

I'm sure people wonder why I don't just handle the cell phone port myself. Well, as I've explained before, I don't have time. For instance I am still working on recoding the site and I'm probably still going to be at it for a week or two.

I am constantly working on fixing bugs and adding new features. I don't have time for everything. Other people our out there are making awesome emulators. In less than an hour they could add the ability to load games from CC. We need to let them know that.

In any event, it's probably going to be a busy week. Lord willing I will get a few more pages recoding and get the forums ready for the public. Step by step, inch by inch...

No comments:

Post a Comment