Monday, January 24, 2011

A World of Features

In my last post I mentioned that adding more games and systems to the service was one of the benefits of having more free players at Console Classix. Another of the advantages is the addition of more awesome features. Here is a very short list of some of the things we'd like to do with the service:

1.)Add multi-player gaming
2.)Host tournaments and playoffs
3.)Share high scores and screen shots on Facebook
4.)Offer a wider range of emulators for more advanced users
5.)Support mobile devices like the Andriod and iPhone
6.)Build our own open-source multi-console cross-platform emulator

I could go on and on. These are just some of the highlights. If you're looking over that list and thinking “Hey, I thought of that!” or “I sent Aaron an e-mail about that!” I, for one, am not surprised. Our fans have a huge number of ideas and thoughts on future features and additions. There has been many a time I've checked my e-mail and sat there thinking “This dude is brilliant!” as I read some fan suggestion. Although it may not always look like it we are always listening to you guys.

So, you may be asking yourself why don't we ever get on it. Well, I'm Console Classix lead programmer, but I'm also our junior programmer. I'm even the intern who fixes the lead programmer's coffee. If you haven't figured out what I'm saying, I'm our entire programming staff. That includes web programming as well as coding for the service itself. I'm also our network engineer and PC repair man.

Some fans have the idea that we are some huge corporation, but one look at our website should tell you that isn't true. We're a very small company with some very big ideas. In order to see some of those ideas turn into realities we are going to have to get more full time staff. In order to that we need more paying customers. In order to get them we needed to get more free users. That is how the “Login as Guest” and “Free Sampler” changes lead to direct benefits to our current full members.

We are doing everything we can to make Console Classix better and better everyday. We have a lot of plans and a lot of ideas on how to get things moving a bit faster. I may share a bit of that with you in my next post.

Have fun and good gaming!

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely a process, and I, for one, understand that.

    Looking forward to hearing a bit more in this direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian. I plan to post more about it soon. (If I get time I might do it today.)

    ReplyDelete